Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January Reads


* * * *


The Gospel According to Starbucks-By Leonard Sweet


This book was a gift from a good friend that thought that I would enjoy it. I enjoy Leonard Sweet, and his writing style. I recommend this one. It made me think about why I love coffee so much and why it is always better with conversation and friends. I finished this in line at the DMV. My stress level remained semi-manageable and I smiled for my license renewal picture.



* * * *


To Own a Dragon-By Donald Miller and John MacMurray


I am a big fan of Donald Miller and his style of writing. He is a great storyteller and is a master at combining pain, humor and spirituality. This is a book about growing up without a father. Several lines are memorable and quote-worthy. This book will find a nice snug place on my bookshelf beside Blue like Jazz and Searching for God Knows What.






* * *

Things We Wish We Had Said- By Bart and Tony Campolo


This is another Father and Son book that is a series of letters that reflect thoughts on parenting and childhood. It is hard to be a parent, and this book shows often how the actions of parents are often misunderstood and underappreciated. Sometimes, a gracious magic occurs and the Dad gets it right. I like that part, as it gives me hope.





Since I read two father and son books--I felt I should include the obligatory pics that I love!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading the sermon recaps and sentiments. What an encouragment you are to the body of Christ. Oh, the monthly "reads" are very helpful. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

Hai.... I'm Yo2e from Indonesia, I Like this foto "Sleeping with Baby's, Thank's for U'r poto, Bcoz That U'r foto's always remember me to my Father's & Familys. Thank's U very much.

I hope GodBless always to U

regards,
yo2e (yoyoeatgmaildotcom)